Saturday, June 5, 2010

Hang-Dog Days of Summer

Summer break starts Monday. Sort of. Anyway, I'm supposed to be working at the moment, but it FEELS like the summer-goof-off days right now! So a quick diversion.

I just discovered that the big clock counting down on the Games Workshop homepage is telling me when I can preorder Edition 8 of Warhammer. So it looks like I can place my order at 4:00 A.M. on Tuesday, June 15th. I wonder if Galaxy will be open then?

Yeah, don't come here for the cutting edge new. The book should be out next month. I'm disappointed; I only get so much time off in the summer. I want the book ASAP. I'm NOT looking forward to preordering, I'm looking forward to reading while I'm out of work--that's a 500+ page book!

Oh well. Guess I'll go scrounge around for rumors of a new Orc and Goblins Army Book...

2 comments:

  1. While I was pretty sure the book wouldn't be out for the masses until July, you may be able to snag an early copy (preview copy) from Larry. It seems he just gets the preorder and sells the items. That's what I remember from Space Wolves anyway. Talk with Jeff about the possibility of an early copy...

    also, you want to finish our game before you fully switch warhammer gears, or should i just clean the board?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang, I was so busy this week I forgot about our game! Sorry, man. T's back tomorrow--I'll come finish it any night you want!

    Also, check out the vassal batrep:
    http://bnhblog.blogspot.com/2010/06/vassal-batrep-nids-vs-bt.html

    ReplyDelete