Sunday, June 6, 2010

The Grass is Greener in Vancouver

And now Dallas.

Wouldn't you know it. When I lived in Dallas, I knew some guys who were friends with someone involved in Astronomi-con. I believe some guys even flew up there one year and had a blast. Sounded like it was a large event that would be a lot of fun for the participants and a lot of work for the hosts. Anyway, there was always talk of bringing an Astronomi-con event to Dallas, but I couldn't see any good reason for importing Canadian organizers when we have our own.

Well, now that I am no longer in Dallas, I find out that this con will be held a mile or so from my former apartment (and just up stairs from homebrew AND pipe stores in which I once liked to lurk).

So don't miss Astronomi-con if you're in Toronto, Winnipeg, Vancouver, OR Dallas:
http://www.astronomi-con.com/

Strange, don't you think?

4 comments:

  1. I noticed this over at Adeptus North Texas, and gave it a thought...until I saw the 'All armies must be fully painted' bit.

    Maybe next year I'll have a painted (and more thoroughly played) army.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When is it? We should go.

    Matt, I'll speed paint your army - you can always strip it later if you're not happy with it.

    We should totally go.

    Brent

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's the weekend of Father's Day--in 12 days :\

    I was planning on calling you this week since I'm only working half days through Friday.

    Talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea man - email me! We've got to try and attend. I'll look up the info this evening.

    Brent

    ReplyDelete