Saturday, April 10, 2010

Eldar Wraiths

Wraithguard get a 4+ cover save for standing behind guardians. That's nice. What is even nicer is that Wraithguards are tall enough to obscure 50% of a Wraithlord (at least my older Lords). Though expensive, 10 WGuards are a scoring unit, very hard to kill (espcially if there is cover and a farseering casting fortune), can kill tanks, AND act as a shield to Wraithlords. The following screen works:

WG WG WG WG WG
.WG WG WG WG WG
..WL WL WL (had to put periods cuz blogger jacks my formatting)

Also nice: A screen of Wraithguard is tall enough to obscure the rear arc of a Wave Serpent on a short peg. So if you are tired of taking it up the rear after unloading a squad of fiery dragons, cover your ass with Wraithguards! But wait, that's not all: WG don't need to be within 6" of the enemy either. Deployment, plus base, plus range of weapon means you can park your back hatch 15" away from the target vehicle--hopefully far enough away to avoid an enemy assualt.

Order now!

Is this cheesy of me, or are others playing Wraiths like this?

4 comments:

  1. I like the models for WG, but I wish they'd come out with plastic version. I realize you probably already have them, but a 10 man squad would cost $150! I wonder if there's a suitable kit-bashed alternative...

    Well, I just looked and Mega Nobz are just costly dollar wise...

    Which brings up another point. We need to use Vassal to try some of these ideas out

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea! (or proxy?) I actually only have 3 WG because of the cost. The metal models do hold their value--like Hondas. I can't get them cheap enough on Ebay and I don't like the model well enough to buy another 7 just to play test...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought 12 for $70....

    in the 90's ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How you enjoying them? If you wanna recoup your investment, I'll give you $70 for them. :)

    ReplyDelete